According to necessaryhome, Marysville, Washington is located in the northwestern corner of the state, approximately 25 miles north of Seattle and 30 miles south of the Canadian border. The city lies at the junction of the Stillaguamish and Snohomish Rivers, giving it a unique geography. Marysville has a temperate climate with warm summers and mild winters.
The city was founded in 1872 by settlers from New England, led by James P. Comeford who named it after his daughter Mary. Since then, Marysville has grown to become a thriving city with a population of over 65,000 people. As part of Snohomish County, Marysville is governed by a mayor-council system and is represented in Congress by Suzan DelBene (D).
The economy of Marysville is based on several industries including manufacturing, retail trade, construction and health care services. The city also boasts a large number of businesses ranging from small family-owned restaurants to large corporations such as Boeing and Microsoft.
Marysville is home to several schools including public elementary schools, middle schools and high schools as well as private institutions such as Northwest Career College and Northwest University.
Some popular landmarks in Marysville include Comeford Park which was named after the founding father James P Comeford; Utsalady Bay which provides stunning views of Puget Sound; Rotary Park which features two playground areas; Jennings Memorial Park which offers plenty of hiking trails; and Zobrist Park which provides access to fishing spots along the Stillaguamish River.
Population: 25,315. Estimated population in July 2020: 29,889 (+18.1% change)
Males: 12,347 (48.8%), Females: 12,968 (51.2%)
Zip codes: 98270, 98271.
Median resident age: 33.0 years
Median household income: $47,088
Median house value: $179,000
Races in Marysville:
- White Non-Hispanic (86.0%)
- Hispanic (4.8%)
- Two or more races (3.1%)
- American Indian (2.3%)
- Other race (1.9%)
- Filipino (1.5%)
- Black (1.0%)
- Other Asian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (19.3%), English (12.1%), Irish (11.3%), Norwegian (9.7%), United States (6.9%), Swedish (4.6%).
Elevation: 20 feet
Land area: 9.6 square miles
Marysville, Washington is a small city located in Snohomish County. According to the 2019 U.S. Census Bureau estimate, the population of Marysville was estimated at 63,902 people. Marysville is a diverse community composed of many different ethnicities and backgrounds, making up about 59% White, 6% Black or African American, 15% Asian, 1% Native American or Alaska Native and 19% from other races. The median household income in Marysville is $58,945 and the median age of residents is 35 years old. The city has a strong economy with many businesses concentrated in retail and service industries including health care and repair services. Many residents commute to Seattle for work opportunities due to its close proximity. In addition to its economic strength, the city offers plenty of recreational activities with numerous parks, trails and outdoor spaces for people to enjoy. Marysville also has a vibrant culture with events such as Summerfest which brings together people from all walks of life to celebrate music and art in the community. All in all, Marysville is an inviting place that offers something for everyone – whether it be employment opportunities or recreational activities – making it an ideal place to live and work for many people across Snohomish County.
For population 25 years and over in Marysville
- High school or higher: 87.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 19.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.2%
- Unemployed: 4.9%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Marysville city
- Never married: 21.0%
- Now married: 58.8%
- Separated: 2.3%
- Widowed: 6.7%
- Divorced: 11.3%
7.3% Foreign born (2.6% Asia, 2.0% Latin America, 1.5% Europe, 1.0% North America).
Population change in the 1990s: +10,906 (+75.7%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Marysville:
- CASCADE VALLEY HOSPITAL (about 13 miles; ARLINGTON, WA)
- PROVIDENCE EVERETT MEDICAL CENTER (about 17 miles; EVERETT, WA)
- STEVENS HOSPITAL (about 21 miles; EDMONDS, WA)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Marysville:
- SNOHOMISH COUNTY (PAINE FLD) (about 14 miles; EVERETT, WA; Abbreviation: PAE)
- BOEING FIELD/KING COUNTY INTL (about 39 miles; SEATTLE, WA; Abbreviation: BFI)
- SEATTLE-TACOMA INTL (about 45 miles; SEATTLE, WA; Abbreviation: SEA)
Other public-use airports nearest to Marysville:
- ARLINGTON MUNI (about 7 miles; ARLINGTON, WA; Abbreviation: AWO)
- HARVEY FIELD (about 13 miles; SNOHOMISH, WA; Abbreviation: S43)
- FIRSTAIR FIELD (about 19 miles; MONROE, WA; Abbreviation: W16)
Amtrak stations near Marysville:
- 7 miles: EVERETT (2900 BOND ST.). Services: ticket office, partially wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public payphones, free short-term parking, free long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 20 miles: MONROE (RED BARN UNOCAL) – Bus Station
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Marysville:
- EVERETT COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 6 miles; EVERETT, WA; Full-time enrollment: 3,970)
- EDMONDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 20 miles; LYNNWOOD, WA; Full-time enrollment: 4,953)
- LAKE WASHINGTON TECHNICAL COLLEGE (about 24 miles; KIRKLAND, WA; Full-time enrollment: 2,328)
- SHORELINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 26 miles; SEATTLE, WA; Full-time enrollment: 4,526)
- SKAGIT VALLEY COLLEGE (about 28 miles; MT VERNON, WA; Full-time enrollment: 3,420)
- SEATTLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE-NORTH CAMPUS (about 30 miles; SEATTLE, WA; Full-time enrollment: 3,489)
- CITY UNIVERSITY (about 31 miles; BELLEVUE, WA; Full-time enrollment: 4,007)
Public high schools in Marysville:
- MARYSVILLE PILCHUCK HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 2,542; Location: 5611 108TH ST NE; Grades: 09 – 12)
- MARYSVILLE ALTERNATIVE HIGH SCHL (Students: 231; Location: 4317 76TH ST NE; Grades: 09 – 12)
- MARYSVILLE ARTS AND TECHNOLOGY HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 140; Location: 6332 31ST AVE NE; Grades: 09 – 12)
Private high schools in Marysville:
- GRACE ACADEMY (Students: 307; Location: 8521 67TH AVENUE NE; Grades: KG – 12)
- MASTER’S TOUCH CHRISTIAN SCH (Students: 167; Location: 9610 48TH DRIVE NE; Grades: KG – 12)
Biggest public primary/middle schools in Marysville:
- MARYSVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 1,094; Location: 4923 67TH ST NE; Grades: 06 – 07)
- CEDARCREST SCHOOL (Students: 935; Location: 6400 88TH ST NE; Grades: 06 – 08)
- MARYSVILLE JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 899; Location: 1605 7TH ST; Grades: 08 – 09)
- ALLEN CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 651; Location: 6505 60TH NE; Grades: PK – 05)
- SUNNYSIDE ELEMENTARY (Students: 616; Location: 3707 SUNNYSIDE BLVD; Grades: KG – 05)
- KELLOGG MARSH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 615; Location: 6325 91ST ST NE; Grades: PK – 05)
- PINEWOOD ELEMENTARY (Students: 606; Location: 5115 84TH AVE NE; Grades: KG – 05)
- CASCADE ELEMENTARY (Students: 527; Location: 5200 100TH ST NE; Grades: KG – 05)
- MARSHALL ELEMENTARY (Students: 453; Location: 4407 116TH ST NE; Grades: PK – 05)
- SHOULTES ELEMENTARY (Students: 441; Location: 13525 51ST AVE NE; Grades: KG – 05)
Private primary/middle schools in Marysville:
- MARYSVILLE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL (Students: 194; Location: 4705 GROVE ST; Grades: PK – 5)
- VICTORY ACADEMY (Students: 11; Location: 11911 STATE AVENUE NE; Grades: 6 – 11)