How do I wash a printed t-shirt without damaging the print? What should I watch while ironing? We have the answers to your questions and will give you helpful tricks to take care of your T-shirt with print motif!
Wash a printed T-shirt correctly:5 golden rules
In order to keep your printed T-shirts as long as possible, you should pay attention to the following basic rules when washing:
- Wash at maximum temperature of 30 ° C
- Do not use liquid detergents
- Before washing, turn to the left, so turn over
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean
exceptions prove the rule
Sometimes you can wash a t-shirt with an imprint at 40 ° C and put it in the dryer, like this blue replica shirt from Allsize.
What is actually allowed and what is not, is ultimately dependent on the material of the shirt and the type of print used:
- Digital printing:the print motif loses color with every wash.You should pay attention to the above five rules!Even better: washing t-shirts with digital printing best by hand – this is the most gentle method.
- Flex print:Prints printed with this method are durable and durable – they can withstand frequent washing well.
- Flock printing:This type of printing is even more durable than flex printing.
- Sublimation printing:T-shirts printed using this method can be washed at 40 ° C.
- Screen printing:This type of printing is considered to be particularly high-quality.Washing up to 40 ° C is also permitted here.
Always read the care instructions on your T-shirt.In case of doubt, however, you should be safe and take care of your T-shirt carefully.
Help, muffle alarm!To remove sweat and deodorant from your T-shirts
After the 30 ° C wash are still the Deoflecken to see and the T-shirt smell?Especially with white T-shirts disturb the yellow spots hugely.
This often results in an unpleasant welding smell, which is not effectively combated with a 30 ° C wash.
With these simple home remedies you will be able to get rid of deodorants and sweat stains:
- 2 tbsp citric acid (in powder form)
- 1 L water
This is how you proceed:
- Get a citric acid powder in a drugstore.Mix two tablespoons of it in a liter of water until the powder has dissolved completely.
- Over night, put your clothing pieces, white T-shirt in this solution.
- The next day you pack it in the washing machine and wash it as usual.
BLACK OR COLORFUL T-SHIRTS
This is how you proceed:
- They also get vinegar essence in the drugstore market.This is more suitable for coloring as citric acid and therefore more suitable for colorful clothing.Dilute the vinegar essence according to the manufacturer with water.
- Let the T-shirt soak for an hour or longer.
- Then you can wash the T-shirt as usual.
Printed t-shirts iron without compromising the pressure
The ironing of printed T-shirts is such a thing. If the print comes into contact with the hot iron, it can burn or stick to the iron. To avoid this, you should always iron the T-shirt on the left side – so just turn the shirt upside down.Be careful not to touch different print motifs during ironing.
Also, avoid ironing the t-shirt too hot: maximum 110 ° C is allowed.T-shirts that are printed using the flex-printing process should be ironed at a minimum.For digital printing, do not use steam.
There is another useful trick: just put a big piece of baking paper on the print.This still conveys the heat of the temple, but prevents burning or sticking of the imprint.Now you can iron calmly!
Printed Pale T-Shirts:gentle and cheap
Once you’re not careful, it’s already happening: you washed the red sweater together with your white T-shirts, but now everything is pink!But stop:Before you throw away your favorite T-shirts, you should try to bleach them.
Especially in the case of printed T-shirts, however, you should not resort to sharp, chemical agents such as chlorine bleach.Try using old-established household appliances – these not only protect your clothes, but also your health and the environment.And they are cheap!
Home remedy 1: vinegar or citric acid
Sweeteners are not only effective against sweat stains, but are also effective in the form of sweets or citric acid.Also graffiti and light discolouring will conjure you out of your laundry.To add the vinegar or citric acid to a bucket, add enough hot water and soak the discolored garments overnight.Then insert it as usual into the washing machine – this time, of course, without the discoloring disciple who has triggered the problem during the first wash.
Home remedy 2: baking powder, soda or soda
If the washing is more discolored, try using soda, baking soda or soda.Dissolve one or two spoons of the powder in a liter of warm water and soak the discolored shirts in it overnight.You should then wash them in the washing machine.
The care of printed T-shirts is not so difficult.If you follow the rules given in washing, ironing and decoloring, the printing motif will look good even after years.
If you are looking for further information about the care of your clothes, please have a look at our page with detailed textile care tips.
To the printed oversized T-shirts in our assortment go here.