This week, a congress of mobile technology is taking place in Barcelona, Spain. It is one of these giant fairs where all the companies that dominate the sector are going to take some launch.
Not a few news but one of those that caught my attention was a Samsung mobile phone with projector. The name of the Samsung smartphone is Galaxy Beam , following the name of the Galaxy family that has already become synonymous with the phones of the Korean brand.
The handset runs Android 2.3 and has basically the following technical features:
- 4-inch screen with 480 × 800 resolution
- 1GHz dual core processor
- 6GB of RAM! I thought too much! (would it be a mistake on Samsung’s website)?
- 8GB internal memory with micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- 1.3MP front + 5MP camera
- 2000 mAh battery
- and finally a 15-lumens projector!
It’s a slightly heavier handset than the latest releases. It weighs 145 grams and is a bit large but has a feature that no other commercially produced cell phone in scale features, it can project images up to 50 inches!
The possibilities of using a portable video projector are immense … and certainly many will still appear beyond these. With a portable projector on your cell phone you can:
- watch Youtube videos on the wall of your house
- show photos to your friends without having to pile everyone to see on the cell phone screen
- read documents more comfortably on a larger screen.
- save videos and series on your device to watch on a big screen, on any wall
- make professional presentations and trainings
- games … imagine the possibilities for games!
- many and many other thingsThere are plenty of applications and as Brazilians are the masters of the imagination, this device will be very successful when arriving in Brazil.The video below shows the use of the projector phone by a group of friends.The Samsung Galaxy Beam does not yet have a set price since it is an extremely recent launch. What we can be sure of is that this projector does not have as much quality as the professionals and will happen as in the cameras for the mobile phone: the first handsets had bad quality cameras and only after a few years did the handsets have better cameras than many compact machines.